Read before comment. And sorry my bad english.
Everyone from the old parties knows about Firera, an art community project I wanted to run. That project was stopped because of lack of time and money for good servers, but the idea was so good that I couldn't stop to think about to which can be improved or removed.
The project was made after deviantART inserts something I consider unnecessary: the More Like This' panel. It turned only on a place for to share already-famous artists and spamming with drawings you didn't wanted to see - ponies, for an example. Many people criticize the feature, and some even asked to put an option to remove this panel... and nothing. So I thought, "what if we had a system that had only the features that worked between the worlds"?
Firera would be a place like deviantART, FurAffinity, Weasyl and other sites... but with only the resources that is better in all the worlds. A NSFW place where everything can be made in one place. It will be:
- The best of all the art community sites and booru' functionalities, and the system will be for the user' desires, not only for site advertising
- Fire Hearts instead of fave stars
- Fully customizable layout (not only a few areas)
- "Comic Areas" (no more adding link into description and editing previous files)
- Internal "pay-to-read" content (like DA)
- Gamification' system, such as special badges (like on DA) and unlockable resources
- Art Auction' resources (you can make auctions and the system will control the bids)
- And other things... just imagine a Premium place... for free.
But there is a problem. I'm a great programmer, but this is too much work for one programmer. It's the main reason about why I didn't made it yet. And since the last time I told 'bout it (I guess last year), I got some more watchers... and I hope there is a PHP programmer among you.
I need someone for work with me. If you are interested on this project, please contact me via note. If you have Skype, perfect!
Let's do a grrrrrrreat place for all the NSFW artists in the world!